Colorado Department of Public Health Releases COVID Ski Guidelines
October 22, 2020
The state health department released finalized guidelines for ski resorts on Monday, Oct 20 as many gear up for the season while managing COVID-19 concerns. The resorts and resort communities are hard at work right now on plans to meet the new guidelines. Click here for the channel 9 news story. The guidelines include the basic COVID 19 precautions and a few guidelines addressing lodging.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet between parties.
- Wearing masks to the maximum extent possible.
- Health screening and symptom tracking.
- Isolating and quarantining, as required.
- Isolation housing to create opportunities for visiting guests to safely isolate and quarantine themselves in the event that they test positive or need to quarantine during their stay and cannot travel.
- Ensuring safe employee housing environments.
- Limiting ski school cohorts/groups to no more than 10 people.
- Prioritizing the immediate safety and sheltering needs of guests and staff due to extreme weather events when in conflict with these COVID-19 guidelines.